Hello;

The ASF is a non-profit organization, we don't pay for coding but
concerning docx support there was a talk from Matthias Stürmer
in ApacheConEU:

http://www.apachecon.eu/schedule/presentation/46/

This effort, of course, predates the establishment of AOO as a TLP
so we were not consulted. It is a well intended initiative but despite
the funding it appears to have produced no results for OpenOffice
so far.

We had a chance to talk with Matthias and while I won't make any
comments, I would think the organizers will make their own
evaluation and will likely consider the results before engaging in
future investments of this kind.

Pedro.