On 6 February 2013 17:50, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 11:42 AM, janI <j...@apache.org> wrote:
> > On 6 February 2013 17:33, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> Apache

>  This

> proud

> person

> have
> it
> >> >

> >> Of course, Microsoft also has multi-user and multi-PC licenses as
> >> well, which sell at a discount to the price of a single-user license.
> >> So it is not strictly a multiplication.  But it does make our value a
> >> little greater.  We also have Base and Draw, so we have additional
> >> applications than just Home and Business has, but we're not quite
> >> Office Professional since we don't have Publisher.
> >>
> >> But I think the numbers are a good rough estimate.
> >>
> >> -Rob
> >>
> > @Rob.
> >
> > Nice work as usual, digging out these numbers. I think however (along the
> > lines of Dave) that this is realy something the press could use for a
> good
> > story, and it would be so much better to tell it to the world, instead of
> > just us in here (we already know we provide a great service).
> >
> > I can already see the title "how non-profit organisations help goverments
> > and companies save billions to counter the crisis". Any reporter would
> like
> > that :-)
> >

> OK.  I'll form this into a blog post.

just a question, does ASF / AOO never do press releases, I am used to that
e.g. a  blog post goes hand in hand with a press release. But I am not sure
what the politics are in ASF.

We also had our respin, which we did not even publish internally in asf,
and I see other projects write a lot about their releases.

rgds
Jan I.