On 02/10/2013 10:04 AM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
My thinking is the Calc should return the mathematically correct answer.
ODF standard defines what can be returned. If there is a single mathematically correct answer, I would expect the standard to define it. If the standard is wrong (like defining 1+1=3), then the standard should be changed.

At the end of the day, it amuses me that the standard allows for three different values. I suppose that if the people writing the standard could not agree on a single answer, I doubt if you will receive a decent consensus here.

I would find it a bit offensive if 0/0 returned 0 or 1 (not that it might not be occasionally useful). I can probably claim the same for 0^0.

The fact that the standard does not take a stand leaves me a bit bewildered, but I can guess as to why.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php