Hi Phil

Am 20.03.13 16:19, schrieb Phillip Rhodes:
IRC is great and all, and I'm all for having as many channels as
people feel a need for.  Just keep in mind that the ASF approach to
projects is to ensure that decision making is done
in public and very openly.   I think the implication of that is that
most discussion that leads directly to a decision, and definitely any
actual decision making, should happen on the mailing list(s).
I don't talk about using the IRC as a tool to have meetings to make decisions. I talk about daily discussion like questions from newbies and questions about the work. E.g: I don't understand what user XY means with comment Z in issue XXXXX, can samone help me? Or I don't know why this is in the Code, has sameone a answare?

This has nothing to do with decision making neiter with a discoussion about decision making. For that i want to use IRC channels. But this works only if people participate.

That's the way I've always understood it anyway.  Somebody please
correct me if I'm wrong.

Phil