On 01/05/2013 Alexandro Colorado wrote:
On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 4:03 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
We still need one technical mentor able to provide timely advice on the
real code and taking responsibility for it ...
we can offer our students higher expectations of a successful completion in
that case.
I am not sure thats a requirement.

Successful completion is an important indicator for the GSoC program and this project has the duty to provide adequate assistance. A GSoC proposal not backed by a technical mentor has lower chances to succeed and it is normal that we privilege proposals that the project developers have interest in following.

applications and available slots
are not so bad (and actually there isn't a decrease for OpenOffice)...
How do you know if there is or not a decrease? Last time OpenOffice was on
GSOC was in 2005.

Indeed. There can't be any decrease as we haven't had any GSoC project since the project moved to Apache. Previous GSoC experiences are not comparable due to the radical context change since 2005.

Regards,
  Andrea.