On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 7:54 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> >> them
> thinking on

> document
> information
> >> on

> should be
> >> having

> they
> >> revision
> >> this

> the

> go
> info.

> >> (more

> certainly
> >> be
> guess
> >> it
> Notes
> >> opposed
> separate
> >> legal
> >> >

> >> Two separate considerations, perhaps:
> >>
> >> 1) Whether Release Notes are updated overtime, post-release, based on
> >> feedback from users and discovery of new issues?  Or are they
> >> frozen-in-time, snapshots that never change, but might point to a
> >> different page that is updated.
> >>
> >> 2) What technology we use to create, publish and (if needed) update
> >> the release notes.
> >>
> >> It is possible to have a "living" document for Release Notes and do it
> >> entirely in HTML on the website.  It is possible to do it on the wiki.
> >>  It is even possible to do it on the committer-only CWiki.   (Anyone
> >> remember that we have that?)
> >>

> > NO -- I do not remember or even know anything about this.  I think if we
> > utilized that approach, maybe this is an equitable solution.
> >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOODEV/Wiki+Home
>
> This was created when we first started as a podling.  But we never
> really used it.
>
> -Rob

Let's just go ahead and use that area if you want to move the Release
Notes. At some point, we may want to make a copy for the web -- but right
now this isn't critical for me as long as the "working" copy is in a
relatively secure area. Time to get our links finalized. I think Confluence
may automatically adjust references for those working on this who have the
old location bookmarked.