Hi,

On 03.08.2013 10:18, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
On 01/08/2013 Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
Version 2.7.1-1 now takes line endings in the patch file and in the file
to be patch serious. Thus, the application of a patch fails when the
line endings are different.

I haven't investigated this deeply at the time, but the hsqldb module
has a mix of line endings (that led to a broken patch too) and uses
CONVERTFILES in makefile.mk to harmonize them.

Thx for the feedback.

In the meanwhile my changes regarding 'patch' version 2.7.1-1 broke the Linux build - see our Linux 64bit and 32bit build bots.
I am working on a corresponding patch.

There are issues 121690 [3] and 121754 [4] regarding building with Java
7 (JDK 1.7) and HSQLDB. I think these issues are the duplicates of each
other [please, can one of the people involved in these issues - e.g.
Fred, Ariel or Andrea confirm this? Thx in advance]. As far as I
understood these issues are solved. Please correct me, if I am wrong.

121754 is fixed. 121690 is more generic; I confirm that after fixing
121754 I had no problems in building with Java 7, so it might be that
HSQLDB was the only problem. But I only tried with some "standard" build
options. Namely, I didn't try with --with-junit or similar, and Kay
reported issues with that.

On a Windows system with JRE 6 the installation of my build does not
recognize installed JRE 6 as an Java runtime environment (Menu - Tools -
Option - Java). This is no problem from my point of view as our Windows
users should not have JRE 6 installed anymore on their systems due to
its security risks. Does somebody contradicts?

As far as I know, this would be a significant limitation. We can now
build with Java 5, 6 or 7 and the build can work with Java 5, 6 or 7
(regardless of the version used for building). Restricting this would
require discussion, especially on less common platforms.

I agree that it would be a restriction, but due to the security risks of Oracle's JRE 6 I do not think that such a restriction hurts. In contrast it would 'help' our Windows users to update their Java environment.

Thus, let us start a new thread to discuss this topic.

Best regards, Oliver.

Regards,
   Andrea.