Rory O'Farrell wrote:
I think the automatic selection of a "best fit" OpenOffice for the
user is good. Forum experience suggests that many unskilled users
will get confused if offered the full range of options of versions
for operating sytems, languages and language packs.

Nobody is proposing to change this (except for bugfixes). This discussion concerns people who disable JavaScript, or use ancient browsers; their browsing experience in 2013 will already be quite broken, so we needn't find the most usable solution, just something that works.

Regards,
  Andrea.