Am 08/20/2013 09:45 PM, schrieb Donald Whytock:
On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Marcus (OOo)<marcus.m...@wtnet.de>  wrote:

Am 08/20/2013 08:37 PM, schrieb Donald Whytock:

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Marcus (OOo)<marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
  wrote:

In the past it was, sorry, a pain in the ass to keep this webpage
up-to-date as there were always changes in paths, version number and
languages (new were included, old were dropped out). Copy&   paste errors

were often occurring. Now it is much easier to update it as the table is
generated via JS logic and this logic is filled via a few variables.

   If it were turned into a static page, I think it might be a better

alternative to the ASF mirror structure.

IMHO this wouldn't change anything, except for JS or no-JS.

So, it seems we need an intermediate step between the green box and the
big table.

  Can the table be generated server-side, perhaps, by a PHP script?

Good question but I don't know. Mostly it depends on:
- can the script grab the content of the JS variables from the webpage?

Not sure I understand this question.  A PHP script would be pushing HTML
(and perhaps embedded JS) from the server...it runs before the JS, and
therefore before any JS variables get set.  Where does the JS now get the
data to build the table?

The script get its data from some variables in the "globalvars.js" file.

- which server do you mean?

Whatever server is hosting the download page.  A PHP script is server-side
and can serve as a webpage -- rather than having an index.html, you'd have
an index.php.

OK, seems without Infra support this isn't possbile.

- who is willing/able to change it into PHP?

This is the biggest question, really. :)  I believe I'm able to do the PHP,
though you'd probably want matching CSS, which isn't really a strong point
for me.

I've no clue about PHP. So, I cannot help directly. ;-)

Marcus