Yes, we can do this. It must be marked in anyway. But the situation is more
complex. AOO now suffer because users can not get functionality as they had
before. If this extension is important for users work, why should someone
think that user will stay on AOO? Next, there is also a bad marketnig for
AOO, see http://www.dmaths.org/documentation/doku.php?id=presentation:enThe
message is clear: live AOO because nothing works there.
To be honest, we create this situation, not users. At list, we must try to
somehow fix this by pushing authors of extensions to make necessery
changes, or, if it is possible, that we made some improvement in our code
and fix this problem.

Regards,
Wlada