2013/10/27 Vladislav Stevanovic <stevanovicvladis...@gmail.com>:

>> Solution: rather than deleting/moving the extension, we should work on the
>> maintainer side and have an "unresponsive maintainer" policy like many
>> other projects do. An extension can be reassigned if the maintainer is not
>> responsive. The new maintainer can add new releases or edit the description
>> (for example, to include information about 4.0 compatibility). It may not
>> be very nice, but surely it's better than removing an extension altogether.
>> And it preserves all older releases.
>>

> +1  Good idea.
> So, here is proposal:
> 1) Mark all unmaintained extensions on our site
> 2) Send mail to authors of extensions with request to make propriate
> changes (in some short period)
> 3) If author does not answer on our mail, or does not update his extension,
> we will make this changes

Extensions pages' copyright holders might not like the idea of someone
else editing their pages without their consent. Extensions do not
belong to the community, but only to the original authors.

Our plan A will be like 2), but if we do not get any answer this is
what I suggest as plan B.
Enhance the Extensions website and if an end-user try to download an
extension that has not been updated a pop-up might ask him/her if
they're looking for an extension compatible with AOO 4.x or older
version. If they ask for AOO 4.x they'll be redirected to the new
extension page, otherwise they'll get the 3.x compatible extension.

>  As I wrote, mr. Jorg was made this changes on one Serbian unmaintained
> extension, and now it working on AOO 4.0. Question: how can we put this
> extension on our site (there is still only old version)?
> Old version of this extension you can find here:
> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/oootranslit

I'm actually managing a similar issue with Oracle PDF Import
extension. I've asked the original author and get approval for
updating the extension. If you wish I might do the same for
oootranslit, or if you're already in touch with the original author
please make sure he/she does the update or ask him/her to send me a
note.

Roberto