On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 1:16 PM, Vladislav Stevanovic <
stevanovicvladis...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is update of proposal:
> 1) Mark all unmaintained extensions on our site (With appropriate mark, and
> with button with link to the page where exist new, compatilble version of
> extension. Note: button will be added if exist new version. Marks and
> buttons will be on "preview" page, as result of search engeen)
> 2) Send mail to authors of extensions with request to make appropriate
> changes (in some short period)
> 3) If author does not answer on our mail, or does not update his
> extension, we will make this changes inside extension (if licence of
> extension permit) and make new web page on site "Extensions" for this
> new version.
> 4) If an end-user try to download an extension that has not been
> updated a pop-up might ask him/her if they're looking for an extension
> compatible with AOO 4.x or older version. If they ask for AOO 4.x
> they'll be redirected to the new extension page, otherwise they'll get
> the 3.x compatible extension.
>
> It is now this proposal good?
>
> Regards,
> Wlada

Well...I apologize for not keeping up with this conversation earlier, by
here's my take on some of this.

* @Roberto -- it looks like MANY extensions (the ones I've checked anyway)
have version compatibility information. Can this be set-up as a search
filter like OS, etc.? And, perhpas make it the FIRST filter group?

* If this could be done, we wouldn't need to do anything much with
contacting authors, much less changing any code in the extensions. Users
would be able to find extensions for the version they're using without much
trouble.

Again, I apologize for not partaking in this conversations sooner. I'm just
thinking letting users find the appropriate extension themselves might be
easier than taking a more aggressive approach with this.