Am 11/03/2013 04:55 PM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
Comparing http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html
and https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40/ I see that we have:
- Two unreleased languages that are now 100% translated (Bulgarian and
Danish)
- One language with only about 1000 words left and activity in the last
week (Norwegian Bokmal)
- Three languages with about 4000 words left and activity in the last
week (Thai, Uighur, Hebrew; Indonesian and Icelandic are in the same
group, but less active)

Would it make sense to schedule a "language update" 4.0.1 release for
late November? I mean something like: announce a translation deadline on
the l10n list, produce SDF files for the languages that reach 100%
(which of course already include Bulgarian and Danish, and hopefully
some of the other languages listed above), building only those languages
and releasing an updated source package and binaries for those languages.

doing another release for new languages? Yes.

But if it's end of November or a bit later, I don't care. Maybe we can judge on the answers on @l10n?

If we agree on a release then I would favor for a date before end of 2013 in any case.

So this would work like we did for 3.4.1 when we added new languages.
Why not call it 4.0.2? Well, we already discussed it, but the main
reasons would be: for the languages already released in 4.0.1, 4.0.2
would be identical (example: 4.0.1 in French would be identical to 4.0.2
in French) since all commits in the meantime have been done to trunk; a
new 4.0.2 release takes a much larger effort than a 4.0.1 language
update, so it is harder to find volunteers and this is worth doing only
if we have some important bugfixes for 4.0.1 to include (and I don't see
any at the moment).

For a "new languages only" release I would expect a version 4.0.1. If we have some new or bugfixed code then of course 4.0.2. But only then.

My 2 ct.

Marcus