On 1 December 2013 15:44, Απόστολος Συρόπουλος
<asyropoulos...@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I have downloaded the source code and I have reconfigured etc.
> What I have observed so far is that there are a number of
> utilities that consist of C and C++ source files. In all these cases,
> the build script uses the C compile and so obviously it fails to build
> the object files. For example,
>
> =============
> Building module soltools
> =============
>
> Entering /extra/sources/OpenOffice/aoo4/main/soltools/mkdepend
>
> mkout -- version: 1.8
> Compiling: soltools/mkdepend/cppsetup.c
> cc: Warning: illegal use of -features option, illegal item ignored:
> rvalueref
> cc: Warning: illegal use of -features option, empty value ignored

This can be something as simple as your cc not supporting --features.

You have to look at the actual cc statement (it copied to stdout), to get
an idea whats wrong.

> Compiling: soltools/mkdepend/ifparser.c
> cc: Warning: illegal use of -features option, illegal item ignored:
> rvalueref
> cc: Warning: illegal use of -features option, empty value ignored
> Compiling: soltools/mkdepend/include.c
> cc: Warning: illegal use of -features option, illegal item ignored:
> rvalueref
> cc: Warning: illegal use of -features option, empty value ignored
> Compiling: soltools/mkdepend/main.c
> cc: Warning: illegal use of -features option, illegal item ignored:
> rvalueref
> cc: Warning: illegal use of -features option, empty value ignored
> Compiling: soltools/mkdepend/parse.c
> cc: Warning: illegal use of -features option, illegal item ignored:
> rvalueref
> cc: Warning: illegal use of -features option, empty value ignored
> "parse.c", line 43: warning: identifier redeclared: find_includes
>     current : function() returning int
>     previous: function(pointer to struct filepointer {pointer to char f_p,
> pointer to char f_base, pointer to char f_end, long f_len, long f_line},
> pointer to struct inclist {pointer to char i_incstring, pointer to char
> i_file, pointer to pointer to struct inclist {..} i_list, int i_listlen,
> unsigned char i_defchecked, unsigned char i_notified, unsigned char
> i_marked, unsigned char i_searched, unsigned char i_included_sym}, pointer
> to struct inclist {pointer to char i_incstring, pointer to char i_file,
> pointer to pointer to struct inclist {..} i_list, int i_listlen, unsigned
> char i_defchecked, unsigned char i_notified, unsigned char i_marked,
> unsigned char i_searched, unsigned char i_included_sym}, int, unsigned
> char, pointer to struct IncludesCollection {}, pointer to struct symhash
> {array[64] of pointer to struct pair {..} s_pairs}) returning int :
> "def.h", line 169
> "parse.c", line 43: warning: Prototype mismatch in arg 5 for function
> find_includes:
>     function : old style declaration unsigned char promoted to int
>     prototype: unsigned char

This is normally caused be wrong compiler options, or an unsupported
compiler.

To me it looks at if you should change your ./configure statement. Look in
wiki.openoffice.org for different options.

> [...]
> line 4: Error: string is not defined.
> "/extra/sources/OpenOffice/aoo4/main/soltools/mkdepend/collectdircontent.cxx",
> line 4: Error: Cannot use const char* to initialize int.
> Compilation aborted, too many Error messages.
> dmake:  Error code 2, while making '../
> unxsoli4.pro/obj/collectdircontent.obj'
>
> 1 module(s):
>     soltools
> need(s) to be rebuilt
>
> Reason(s):
>
> ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making
> /extra/sources/OpenOffice/aoo4/main/soltools/mkdepend
>
> When you have fixed the errors in that module you can resume the build by
> running:
>
>     build --all:soltools
>
> I would really appreciate it if anyone could explain why the build script
> does not pick the
> correct compiler? Here collectdircontent.cxx is being compiled with the C

configure.in will look in the path to see if can find a c compiler, if not
it defaults to mingw.

Look at the configure output, that tells you which compiler is being used.

rgds
jan I.