On 01/07/2014 Marcus (OOo) wrote:
Am 07/01/2014 07:27 PM, schrieb Emanuele:
http://www.elkarte.it/testing/ooo/

It's shaping good... Welcome to the community, Emanuele, and thanks for jumping in!

The part above the carousel (including the carousel) depends on
bootstrap ( http://getbootstrap.com/ ).. actually I started including
bootstrap for the carousel and then I went ahead and replaced the menu
as well. :P
I've seen the bootstrap addition and it looks good.
But what I meant is that the upper and lower part (header and footer
areas) are assembled from some template files into real HTML files.

Yes, but this is not particularly problematic. Our head section may include jQuery and Bootstrap with minimal changes to what we are doing now. And, to please Infra, we can host jQuery and Bootstrap locally since they are under a permissive (MIT) license anyway.

Whereas the middle part is coming directly from HTML files.
Therefore we have to handle this different.

Differently, but not much differently than what we do now.

The main issue I see is with the main body part, the current "div with icon+title+description" style does not fit well to the proposed new layout. Maybe we can give Bootstrap buttons a chance? http://getbootstrap.com/css/#buttons I'm not really sure, maybe it will look very bad, but maybe there are some elements can we can work with.

Regards,
  Andrea.