Am 06/26/2014 01:56 PM, schrieb Ariel Constenla-Haile:
On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 10:59:19PM +0200, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
On 25/06/2014 Tal Daniel wrote:
Published new language selection dropdown [again]. From now on,
visitors can quickly select their language, if available. This
affects all NL sites.  Developers&  translators are called to add
2 new variables to {lang}/brand.mdtext, and change according to their
language

Done for Italian. Works nicely, thanks for developing it.

Just the sorting is not intuitive... Maybe sort by Name (with
non-Latin at the end) or by language code?

Mozilla has a language listbox at the bottom of their site, and

they sort via ISO codes.

Wikipedia as a language list at the side, it seems that both sort the
list according to the Latin transliteration, or something similar.

They sort alphabetically via the native language names. But it's followed not really consequently.

For OpenOffice I would suggest to do the sorting via ISO code. As they are shown in the list it's understandable for all - also for non-native speakers.

BTW:
Tal, I know that Hebrew is working from right-to-left. However, it doesn't look good compared to the other list items. Would you mind to change it to left-to-right?

Marcus