On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 11:22 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

> Am 06/26/2014 01:56 PM, schrieb Ariel Constenla-Haile:

Regarding the ORDER of languages, we have a tie. Should we take that to a
VOTE? --

[Andrea wrote:]  Maybe sort by Name (with non-Latin at the end) or by
language code?

[Aviaras wrote:] In indices containing entries of different alphabets, it
is a good practice to sort them separately, e.g. starting with the Latin
entries, then moving to the Cyrillic ones, and so on.

[Ariel wrote:] Mozilla has a language listbox at the bottom of their site,
and they sort via ISO codes. Wikipedia as a language list at the side, it
seems that both sort the list according to the Latin transliteration, or
something similar.

[Marcus:] For OpenOffice I would suggest to do the sorting via ISO code. As
they are shown in the list it's understandable for all - also for
non-native speakers.

> [Marcus:] Tal, I know that Hebrew is working from right-to-left. However,
> it doesn't look good compared to the other list items. Would you mind to
> change it to left-to-right?

OK Marcus, I suggest to leave it RTL, but left align it. Will fix it.