On 08/07/2014 Tal Daniel wrote:
Regarding the ORDER of languages, we have a tie. Should we take that to a
VOTE? --

No need to. It's a minor thing. I think that the bottom line is: sort by something that is visible and sort in a way that a native speaker of a language based on a non-Latin alphabet would find normal. So long as it has a logic, I'm fine with that and I think others will be too.

Indeed here there are different conventions around, for example http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/locale.aspx (just to pick one with a long list, but any "corporate" site will do) lists all Latin first, then Greek, Cyrillic and others, by alphabet. While http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer for some reason puts Hebrew between "Italiano" and "Basa Jawa" (does this sound "natural" to you?). We also expose ISO codes, so sorting by codes could be a way to make it simpler. Whatever works best for you, Tal, will probably work for us too!

Regards,
  Andrea.