On 28/10/2014 Alphonso Whitfield III wrote:
Wrong answer.The end user should not have to fix anything it should
work when the product is downloaded or the application should not be
included in the download. It worked without difficulty prior to the
latest version being released. I sent true end users to download the
software , they downloaded the software and the spell check
dictionary did not work. This damages our credibility as an
alternative solution to pay for products that are available. What is
the timeline for the download to be corrected?

Of course it's a bug (OpenOffice does not deliberately break the user profile) and it was deeply investigated and presumably fixed some time back, but once your profile is corrupted you can't fix it by reinstalling or updating OpenOffice: you need to reset your profile. I already sent relevant links and most of our Release Notes contain instructions on how to fix the bug.

Regards,
  Andrea.