On 11/12/2014 jan i wrote:
On Wednesday, December 10, 2014, Kay Schenk wrote:
On 12/09/2014 08:31 AM, jan i wrote:
FYI, in case you have not noticed. INFRA-8768 (centOS buildbot for AOO)
took a huge jump today, and are very near completion.

Thanks for the news! Well, indeed it was almost impossible for us to notice, good that you forwarded it here.

I apparently have SSH access (so says https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-8768 ) and likewise Kay and arist. But I don't see anything listed at id.apache.org about this. What is the machine dns or IP? I've probably done enough builds on CentOS systems to be able to help (with availability of time being, of course, the real problem).

as I wrote in an earlier mail we (AOO) had the chance to do all these
special platforms as vm on tethys, but there was no interest at that time.

I have a similar setup, so I agree this could work. I don't know where this was lost, but nobody wrote tethys was not an option. So certainly we don't need new hardware if we want to add to the new 64-bit CentOS machine a 32-bit machine hosted somewhere else at Apache. But I recommend to choose what our priorities are (see previous mail) before listing desiderata that, as you say, are probably overkill at the moment.

Regards,
  Andrea.