On 14/02/15 19:47, Guy Waterval wrote:

> more easy to simplify the interface of AOO and adapt it for the school

For both OOoLight and OOo4Kids, if a function was accessible using
keystrokes in OOo, it was accessible in those products. However, if the
function required mouse-clicks in OOo, then it was not available in
either OOo4Kids or OOoLight.

> A possible but limited way to reach such an objective is to create specific
> AOO profiles

That would require one addition to the ">Tools >Options >Appearance"
Select UI-Profile, and offer:
* Prebuilt;
* Default;
* Custom;

Clicking on "Prebuilt" has the following options:
* Ooo4Kids;
* OOoLight;
* Novice;
* Basic;
* Intermediate;
* Advanced;
* Default;

Clicking on "Custom" has the following options:
* Custom1;
* Custom2;
* Custom3;
* Custom4;
* Custom5;
* Custom6;
* Custom7;

Custom1, Custom2, .. Custom7, would be created by users, not the
project. The major use-case I see for the "Custom#" profiles, is an
office restricting/granting users access to specific parts of AOo.

In theory, and maybe in practice, people will wrap their Custom# as an
extension, for distribution to third parties.

> not the perfect way but it has the merit to be realizable without any
> modification of the code.

In one sense, both OOo4Kids and OOoLight were nothing more than
sophisticated skins. Yes, they did gut some of the innards of OOo, but
that gutting would have had minimal impact on _most_ users.

####

FWIW, I'd rather see all of the built-in functionality and capability
available as a set of keystroke commands. A superset of The WordStar
Command Set.
Literally anything that can currently be done by using mouse-clicks,
should be doable by using just keystrokes.

jonathon