On 2/3/2016 8:04 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Patricia Shanahan [mailto:p...@acm.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 3, 2016 03:29
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: Building on Windows

Yes, thanks. At least, it gets past oox.

So one trick for a missing file is to explicitly build and deliver in
the directory the file should have come from.

Later, I may do a new build from a clean check-out, and try to
investigate anomalies. Right now, my objective is to just get it built.

[orcmid]
One thing that I have my eye on when the dust settles on this is ensuring that
release candidate source can be built, since it is a condition on being able to
release.  This means the release-candidate .tar.gz is downloaded and used.

(If there is a .zip, that would presumably have different text-file line endings
if produced on a Windows machine, so the native versus CRLF versus LF business
raises its head, along with some other matters where Zips have platform
irregularities. [;<).

I have an attitude problem about how contorted this is from a Windows
development perspective.  I will work on adjusting that.

In any case, we will need to somehow need to provide sufficient information in
an RC that it can be built any time later by someone able to replicate the
specified prerequisites and setup.

Patricia, I pray good fortune to you.  We need a complete, repeatable guide for
all of this.
[ ... ]

I have some hypotheses about my current problems. Is there a master list of build targets and dependencies? If so, where?