Hi Pedro,

> On Oct 18, 2017, at 12:28 PM, Pedro Lino <pedro.l...@mailbox.org> wrote:
>
> On 18/10/2017 19:02, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>
>> This is OK as long as the Apache Policy doesn't get in the way too much... I
>> mean, I highly appreciate when people provide a list of what they did to
>> justify their +1. But this shouldn't be used "against" them.
>
> +1 (as a user)
>
> ASF does a hell of a job to discourage participation! I particularly like
> this gem "the basic rule is that only PMC members have binding votes, *and
> all others are either discouraged from voting (to keep the noise down)* or
> else have their votes considered of an indicative or advisory nature only.

(1) PMC members have a higher bar for their vote. I did not vote at all because
I did not build from source etc.

(2) Would you name projects where you have felt discouraged? Have you felt
discouraged here in past years?

> I'm glad AOO PMC members take these recommendations with a pinch of salt.

We know everyone helping is needed. It was great to have a long standing member
of the user community like Larry vote to alert us to a problem with macOS!

Regards,
Dave