Am 24.03.2018 um 13:54 schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
I've finished traveling for a while, and am ready to get back to work
on OpenOffice 4.2

Welcome back, I hope you had a good time! ;-)

welceome back. I hope you have enjoyed your travel and are back with fresh energy. :-)

Does it currently build on a Windows 64 system if I just check out the
latest trunk and follow the step-by-step instructions?

You can try revision 1827295, I could build it successfully with this
configuration:
https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-Test/ReadMe.txt

Later revisions seem to be broken (on Windows) for the moment.

Currently there many many changes on truck. I don't know about the status but Matthias is running builds frequently at the moment. So, IMHO he has the best overview.

Marcus