On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 11:55:32 +0200
Damjan Jovanovic <dam...@apache.org> wrote:

> Bug 125129 looks like a wild goose chase and requires considerable
> understanding of the framework layer, but I'll try continue when I have
> time.

A quick experiment with Writer in 4.2.0 shows me that one cannot insert a
background fill (Area tab) when making a frame, but one can subsequently select
the frame and then insert the background.

Also, the Frame toolbar does not show onscreen for me, so I am unable to
attempt Linking frames, whether empty or with background fill.  Using /View
/Toolbars : Frame turns off the Formatting toolbar, but does not display the
Frame toolbar.  I am reasonably sure the Frame toolbar is not anywhere on my
desktop (several monitors in use - checked it is not hidden behind anything).

(I am using AOO420m1(Build:9800)  -  Rev. 1851640
2019-01-19 15:48:21 (Sat, 19 Jan 2019) - Linux x86_64 [Apache OpenOffice Test
Development Build] running on Xubuntu 18.04.02 64 bit)

I don't currently use Frames in any of my works in progress, so this is not a
matter of any urgency for me.

I am of course ready to try any interim version (whether public or private) to
examine any change in this or other problems.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>