On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 8:37 AM Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 13/08/2019 Kay Schenk wrote:
> > The page name from the current project website repository is --
> > source_new.mdtext as you probably saw.
>
> There is no need to be shy here... we have version control and we can
> just update source.mdtext. I've moved your source_new.mdtext to be the
> new version of source.mdtext and we'll continue from there.

Sounds good...
This page also references a "Subversion Basics" page --
https://openoffice.apache.org/svn-basics.html

which has a LOT of information that either needs attention or a good
comparable git resource, especially the merge/cherrypicking aspects

> > I really know VERY little about git but I will try to do some editing and
> > hope others will do a lot more. ☺
>
> I am quite knowledgeable about git itself (I've used it daily for
> several years) so I can definitely provide some text and I will do some
> edits. What I am quite unfamiliar with is how we are supposed to use git
> at the ASF, why we have two master repositories and so on; all I can
> find is https://gitbox.apache.org/ so I guess all other policies are up
> to us for defining.

I started looking for something like this also. Hopefully INFRA can
enlighten.