Keith N. McKenna wrote:
https://www.apache.org/foundation/license-faq.html#GPL
I was a bit confused myself when I first read it, but why post it on an
ASF FAQ site if it doesn't grant reciprocity?

Because, if I recall correctly, back at the time the two Foundations worked together in order to achieve compatibility (which of course can only go one way: the GPL puts more restrictions, so it's impossible to use GPL code in Apache releases).

And by the way, the entire GPL discussion is useless since the wiki contents will never go in a release anyway, as Dave pointed out. So people touting the "compatibility" are misunderstanding or trolling.

Fact is, unless one has something personal against other open-source licenses, people can perfectly work on documentation that is not under ALv2 (or that is under ALv2 only for the new sections) on the wiki. Unlike other Foundations, the ASF is rather liberal, or unopinionated, about other licenses, provided the deliverables are never part of a release; we never included user guides with releases, so I think we are fine and I agree with the "narrow" interpretation of the word "release" as defined in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-552

Regards,
  Andrea.