Some people say that OpenOffice is dead for 10 years now. IMHO this
discussion is purely emotional. It is difficult to argue with them.

This dicussioin is NOT emotional, but Abbold of our insufficient public
relations.
It is clear that you, as a PMC member, are trying to deny this, because the PMC
has for years been completely inadequate in its responsibility in this regard
and reacts attacked when it is criticized.

> It seems that the moderators of the forum point users with issues to use LO,
> recently to someone with a small issue such as installing the
> desktop-integration RPM component of AOO on Red Hat Linux.
>
> It also seems that MS might be dropping support for 32-bit programs, so
> perhaps a x64 edition of AOO?

> Microsoft
> stops the OEM 32 bit sale, but will provide support to existing 32bit
> installs.

WHERE did you get this? Do you work for Microsoft? Or did you not understand
the statement of Dean at all?

> And that does not include the 32bit support in 64 bit
> environment. So there is no risk to be feared. And if someone writes
> that it is not true. I recommend that he should wonder what happens to
> his steam collection, since most games are still 32 bit. ;)

Stop formulating personal attacks here, against the opinions of others!

Jörg