> It also seems that MS might be dropping support for 32-bit programs, so
> perhaps a x64 edition of AOO?

> Microsoft
> stops the OEM 32 bit sale, but will provide support to existing 32bit
> installs.

WHERE did you get this? Do you work for Microsoft? Or did you not understand
the statement of Dean at all?

Why Are Most Programs Still 32-bit on a 64-bit Version of Windows?
(howtogeek.com)<https://www.howtogeek.com/194119/why-are-most-programs-still-32-bit-on-a-64-bit-version-of-windows/>
 <- July 2017
Windows support of third party 32bit applications into the future - Microsoft
Community<https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/windows-support-of-third-party-32bit-applications/227db050-3f65-4f7c-ae35-b316c094d492>
 <-  October 2020

Microsoft will eventually be dropping support for 32-bit applications, but due
to the large number on current programs only available this will not be
happening in the immediate future. Microsoft are yet to comment officially on
when this will occur, but (seem to) have made indications this will be the
case. At this stage, newer versions of window releases will require 64 bit
hardware, but they will continue to support older 32 bit systems. AOO will have
to migrate to a 64-bit Windows version eventually... But working on upgrading
the SDK is the priority at this stage 🙂( "However I think it is more important
that we upgrade the SDK first. The One we use is ancient." -Peter Kovacs)

> And that does not include the 32bit support in 64 bit
> environment. So there is no risk to be feared. And if someone writes
> that it is not true. I recommend that he should wonder what happens to
> his steam collection, since most games are still 32 bit. ;)

Stop formulating personal attacks here, against the opinions of others!

It is clear that MS will continue to support 32-bit applications for sometime,
and yes I am curious what this means for everyone's Steam collection 😉
Ultimately the source of my original post was someone not technically inclined
thinking MS would be dropping support in the near future for 32-bit programs,
which as we should all agree is not the case in the immediate future. It was
mostly "purely emotional" of the original forum user in their response, and I
agree that "It is difficult to argue with them". I will try to gently educate
the users that it is not of concern (at this stage) and to stay calm 😉 AOO will
be 64bit at some stage 🙂🙂

- Dean