I've limited the quotes because they have been really bad in the previous messages. Please take care when you want to quote someone else.

Le 26/02/2021 à 02:19, Dean.Webber a écrit :
It was mostly "purely emotional" of the original forum user in their response, and I agree that "It is difficult to argue with them". I will try to gently educate the users that it is not of concern (at this stage) and to stay calm 😉 AOO will be 64bit at some stage 🙂🙂
- Dean

Could you please explain???
I understand you're saying that forum users are emotional and they spread false information like MS would drop 32bit support. I don't remember any power user saying such things. We are hardly emotional in the forum, we have taken great care to avoid all the trolling and the FUD in all the AOO/LO topics (not that many BTW). The forum has been a long time champion of AOO (over LO). I think that the old subscribers on this list know me (as Hagar on forums and AOO mailing lists). Some other forum power users also participate to this list from time to time and I don't think "it is difficult to argue with" us. Your patronizing is rather ill placed.

Personally, I despise what happened with the forking. I continued to support AOO a very long time. However, late last year, the level of this very mailing list reached a low that was the trigger for me. More energy was wasted on semantics or futile topics, some of the messages in this very discussion still show delicate interactions. Thus, I tried LO, something I would never have though of before. Just to see. And actually, it's good. After several weeks of testing for my production work, I can tell that it's better than AOO, it made me save times, ease my daily work and is stable.

When it forked, I thought that it would be a great experience for the opensource community. Just look at the result years afterward: LO has embarked most of the developers! They started from nothing, compared to the Apache branding and they managed a marketing plan that got it where it is: included in most GNU/Linux distros, corporate support...

I'm still stunned by how many users still don't know about LO and come to AOO first. This is the only thing that makes AOO still alive IMHO. The AOO project benefits from the huge OOo and Apache reputation/history. But I fear that's all.

Can' wait for your gentle education BTW!

Hagar