OK, but what helps and your (or my) definition? We need a definition that
everyone recognises, especially the PMC because they have the power to decide
on releases.

But I repeat myself: your statements about major, minor and micro releases, and
that API changes should only be made in major releases, make sense and are
recognised (I think by everyone). So why should we want to violate them?

greetings,
Jörg