On 11/9/21 20:25, Dave Fisher wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 9, 2021, at 3:48 PM, Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de> wrote:

Am 07.11.21 um 21:18 schrieb Dave:
On 07/11/2021 19:42, Dave Fisher wrote:
Sorry to put it this way Dave, but this is the same answer that I have
had received from you and other PMC members previously.

If your statement is true, then we and the ASF have a very serious and
extreme privacy challenge here:
https://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#openoffice

In my view anyone who "steps up to he plate" for ANY role in an OPEN
source project should not have any concerns about being identified a
contributor and their role that project. I am not ashamed of being
identified as a (very small, relatively unimportant) contributor to the
AOO project and I suggest that ANYONE who is wishes to adopt this
underhanded, secretive approach, should step away from the project.
I agree about every role except moderation. I moderate 27 different Apache
Mailing Lists only one of which is an AOO list.

If the community wishes to disclose all of the moderators that would be an
acceptable outcome.
I read your words, which are the same as you and other PMC members have
previously stated, but I still do not read any explanation as to the
rational of why moderators should hold any more of an exclusive or
covert role within the ASF.
Let's just put this down to my natural stupidity and end this thread,
because there is nothing to be gained by perusing the subject.
normally I would agree. However, I'm curious to know what you mean with "... why
moderators should hold any more of an exclusive or covert role within the ASF ..."
and why you think there is something secret?

A moderator is just a committer as you and me. Some are also a PMC member or
maybe also supporter/committer/member of other ASF projects. But thats it.

I volunteer to create a Wiki page to show who is moderating which mailing
list(s) - if the community think it has a value.

my thoughts....

Once upon a time, mailing list moderators were listed on the project page -- openoffice.apache.org -- along with the mailing lists. I see that this is no longer the case.  It might be a good idea to list the moderators...but as Dave sez, make it clear they are not to be directly contacted and (maybe?) to contact the PMC about issues with mailing list behavior instead(???)

That’s ok as long as it is made clear NOT to ever contact moderators directly
about the mailing list.

I hope you see the conundrum being presented.

Regards,
Dave
Marcus