On Sun, Mar 20, 2022 at 3:18 PM Pedro Lino <pedro.l...@mailbox.org.invalid>
wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Installing needed libraries fails with
>
> E: Unable to locate package libgnomevfs2-dev
> E: Unable to locate package liborbit2-dev
>
> Help?
>
> Pedro

Backport these commits from trunk:

commit ca91c47212927702e72149e398fae850402fa54c
Author: Damjan Jovanovic <dam...@apache.org>
Date:   Thu Oct 19 16:35:49 2017 +0000

    GnomeVFS was deprecated 9 years ago. Make GIO, its replacement,
    the default searched by configure.ac instead.

commit 6b1c0a07ced87c91d0adf8f59096a87e364647c0
Author: Damjan Jovanovic <dam...@apache.org>
Date:   Sat Oct 21 06:15:07 2017 +0000

    Don't require ORbit to compile. We never really needed it:
    GConf makes its own CORBA connection if it needs to, and
    the only reason we included orbit.h is to check whether
    the problematic version < 2.8 was present, as it deadlocks
    the GTK VCL plugin.

    But ORbit 2.8 was released in 2003, and GConf doesn't
    even use CORBA connections any more. So drop the check
    and stop needing ORBit altogether.

Regards
Damjan