Hi Damjan,

+1 for upgrading OpenSSL, at least for trunk/AOO42X.

That said, I can not estimate if this is an "easy" fix...

Regards,

   Matthias

Am 17.03.24 um 18:42 schrieb Damjan Jovanovic:
Hi

Is there some reason we are still using such an old version of OpenSSL?

>From what I see, these are the modules that depend on OpenSSL:
$ grep -l openssl */prj/build.lst
curl/prj/build.lst
oox/prj/build.lst
openssl/prj/build.lst
python/prj/build.lst
redland/prj/build.lst
ucb/prj/build.lst

curl: is a heavy user of OpenSSL and really should support new versions.
oox: only used by the Standard/Agile encryption, which I successfully
tested against OpenSSL 3 recently.
python: compiles and links against OpenSSL 3.
redland: unknown
ucb: used only by the WebDAV content provider, which I added it to, and
compiles and links against OpenSSL 3, probably already works too.

It seems like an upgrade will be easy?

Regards
Damjan