Hi Damjan,

Am 29.03.24 um 11:17 schrieb Damjan Jovanovic:
On Sun, Mar 17, 2024 at 5:46 PM Matthias Seidel <matthias.sei...@hamburg.de>
wrote:

Hi Dave,

Am 17.03.24 um 18:01 schrieb Dave Fisher:
Hi Damjan,

I know it “opens a big can of worms” and is another issue, but upgrading
to a newer OpenSSL for Trunk and maybe 4.2 would be a very good thing,

We need to update a lot of things, including openSSL and MSVC...

But we should first try to get a working build system for AOO42X, so we
are able to do a release after all these years.

My PRs are on hold until then. Even my work on the Help files has
stopped because of the old SDF files.

What is wrong with the build system for AOO42X?

"Build system" may be the wrong phrase... "Release system" may be better.

We are able to build en-US, but every commit that changes strings or adds new ones makes the translated versions more and more unusable due to the outdated SDF files. For AOO41X I began to patch the SDF files, but that is error prone and definitely not usable for AOO42X.

Pootle seems to be unmaintained and we still need to find a working alternative.

Regards,

   Matthias

Regards
Damjan