Allen Pulsifer schrieb:
NOTINCHOOSER excludes it from the filter dialog, the awful dialog you get when OOo can't find a filter.

Hello Mathias,

Thank you, that is helpful.

Is there sample file somewhere that causes OOo to bring up the filter
dialog?  I wanted to test NOTINCHOOSER but I'm unable to get this dialog to
appear.

There is no reproducable scenario, how you can trigger these dialog.
And that's exactly the reason, why I wish to remove it from OOo.
This dialog cames up in case type/filter detection was not successfully. And believe me: our detection can do many things. So in 90 % of all cases where this dialog cames up - the user dont have a real chance to find a suitable filter for loading the document !

You can try to load e.g. binary files .-)
Often enough they are loaded as "text" files. Why ?
Because it's not realy possible to write a detection for "Text" files ... if OOo supports encoded text files too. So we can differ between
a "bunch of bytes" and an encoded text file.

Or you can try e.g. to load a PDF document.
We support PDF for reading only (we have an export filter but no one for import). I saw this dialog sometimes by tring to load PDF documents ...
but no guarantee .-)

Thanks,

Allen

Regards