Hi Joe,

>> I like this idea. ...
>
> Cool!

/me liking it doesn't mean anything about the probability for it to be
implemented :)

> Of course now there are some replies appearing on
> [EMAIL PROTECTED], so maybe that's the simplest thing.
>
> I read the list through Gmane, where it appears as
> "..OO.announce.features", so I assumed it would not be appropriate to
> reply on an announcement list.
>
> As long as it's acceptable to reply there, and the iTeam monitors that
> list, it would be fine to simply comment there.

In fact, discussing on the announcements list is not a good idea, this
creates too much noise.

> OTOH, having a specific issue for each feature would provide a central,
> easy to find location for feedback related to that feature.

An issue should normally be part of the feature mail, at least the EIS
frontend has a field for it. However, discussing in a closed issue might
also not be a good idea. I'd still vote for [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -