On 04/17/2008 11:32 AM, NoOp wrote:
> On 04/16/2008 10:30 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:

>>> 3) a wiki enabled person can add the above (or
>>> modified) to the
>>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Run_OOo_versions_parallel so
>>> that .deb users can also know how to install/run parallel versions of OOo.
>>
>> deb user could already do that! (I'm in fact also a deb user ;-) )
>> Any way, feel free to add/change anything you want in that wiki page.
>> If you don't have an account, is very simple to get one (IIRC click the
>> link "Log in / create account" at the top-right corner of every wiki page).
>> And if you don't have wiki skills, OOo Writer can export to Wiki format.
>
> I think I'd rather leave that up to folks like yourself :-)
>
> Thanks again.

Added point: I followed the deb instructions for  Installing 3.*
versions (three layer OpenOffice.org) and only have one small correction:

~/download/ooo$ cd OOo_DEV300_m7/ooo-dev3.0/program

in:
<quote>
As this file does not have write permission, change this first

~> cd OOo_DEV300_m7/ooo-dev3.0/program
~/OOo_DEV300_m7/ooo-dev3.0/program> chmod +w bootstraprc
</quote>

should be:

~/download/ooo$ cd ~/OOo_DEV300_m7/ooo-dev3.0/program

[note the ~/ before OOo_DEV300_m7/]

As an aside: m7 still crashes/dismisses without error output when trying
to run:

./soffice

strace ./soffice points to:
access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK)      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)

./swriter ./sdraw ./simpress etc., all work fine.

Thanks again for updating the wiki!