On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 1:49 AM, tora - Takamichi Akiyama <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What i can propose here is not to disable any options of ./configure
> since there would be possibilities of unexpected behaviors.
>
>  ./configure --disable-something
>   will set or unset some environment variables defined in
> LinuxX86Env.Set.sh

The reason why I add some --disable-something is that I want to save
compiling time.

I will remove as much as --disable-something in ./configure in the next
build.

> That seems not to make sense. But I am not sure about that since I have
> no experience in disabling Java.

There is  a dependency bug. It is obvious because as I in another email with
Christian Lohmaier,
he also says that for --without-java, dmake should not check .jar files.

I am want submit this bug to:
http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/enter_bug.cgi [1]
But a question is: What component in [1] shoulld use?

But I will use java in the next build.

Some old versions of Ant does not work with the latest version of Java, 1.6.
> For instance, /usr/bin/ant "Apache Ant version 1.6.2" embedded in Fedora
> Core 4 does not work with /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_03 from java.com.
> It unfortunately stops with the following error message:

I am using ant 1.7.1. Hope it is fine.

> It, however, works fine with both /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1_03 from java.com
> and /usr/bin/java embedded in Fedora Core 4.

j2sdk 1.4.1 has come it its End Of Line.
http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se-eol.html
I use j2sdk1.4.2_18 in the next build.
( j2sdk1.4.2_18 is the only 1.4.2 javac I can find in 1.4.x series on
java.com )

Therefore, using the latest tools might brings you some difficulties.

Whilst openoffice is big and complex, compiling process itself is fragile,
I believe that there must be a combination of tools so for a success build
:D.
I just need one of them...

--
Best Regards,