El Martes, 8 de Septiembre de 2009, Micha Ruh escribió:
[...]
> A server calculates user contribution for sets of 3x3 tiles (supertiles)
> for each zoom level 12-18.

Meh. Precalculating all that would be too time-consuming. I'd rather go 8x8
mod_tile-like meta-tiles and a real-time API for z>12, with a cache on top.
Heck, you could even do just z12 tiles and get away with that.

> The calculation is done once a week (maybe done by t...@h clients).

Meh. Mark the cache as dirty every week. And if mod_tile+mapnik can render
stuff in near-real-time, there is no reason you could not just count stuff in
near-real-time.

Heck, mod_tile has to load data for 8x8 meta-tiles every time a meta-tile is
marked dirty. Use that opportunity to count the attribution data there: just
add a couple of fields to osm2pgsql and make mod_tile count the attribution
data.

> Users adding  ways/pois get a score of 3 per way/poi
> added, users adding more tags to existing way/pois get a score-point of 1
> for each edit. Import sources get a 0.1 score-point per way/poi.

Good luck telling those apart, given a planet dump. Why not just 1
node/way/relation = 1 point??

> OpenLayer gets extended in a way that while requesting tiles an additional
> request to the attribution-db is issued, contributors for the corresponding
> supertile get loaded and nicely presented in the lower right corner of the
> view.

No need to. A bit of javascript magic can do that.

Cheers,
--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <i...@sanchezortega.es>

http://ivan.sanchezortega.es
Proudly running Debian Linux with 2.6.30-1-amd64 kernel, KDE 3.5.10, and PHP
5.2.10-2.2 generating this signature.
Uptime: 12:39:41 up 2 days, 19:49,  4 users,  load average: 0.95, 0.96, 0.92