On 09/09/09 15:41, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> Also I'd like to be able to answer to messages via mail
> not the web frontend. I dont like to touch my mouse for writing
> emails ... I am already thinking of doing some procmail/perl stuff
> to rewrite from adress on OSM messages and replying to a virtual gateway
> of mine which will repost the message to the OSM message system.

Yes, and that's somewhere on my to-do list (as the person that gets all
the replies from the people that can't read) but it's not trivial as our
email lives in an entirely separate location to the database.

> If OSM usernames would not allow spaces and be case sensitive
> it would be possible to make the OSM usernames an email adress.

Well if we suppressed a zillion other characters as well.

Actually case sensitivity is not an issue - everything to the left of
the @ is not (by standard) case insensitive. Many servers treat it as
such but the standards do not require that so any mail client should not
rely on it being case insensitive when replying.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/