Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com> wrote on 11/13/2019 01:30:31 PM:

> Yes that’s fine to be “alongside” with the release, but I would not
> want to wait months for another release just get a minor update to the
jar

> I would prefer in addition to have a nightly jar built and easy to get.

We might be on better ground if we make it very easy to build a nightly jar
from a git clone. Then there's a clear line between a `compiled package`
that is derived from an Apache release and other things.  I don't think
building the jar actually requires much more software on your machine than
what is required to successfully run the jar, so the gap may be small.
Seems like that could become clearly documented and not that big a barrier.

--dave