On 21/09/16 02:40, Darin Johnson wrote:
> Suneel, a google doc as promised, only a day late (sorry - sick kid).
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K8E0TridC1hBfqDwWCqdZ8Dj_5_mMrRQyynQ-Q6MFbI/edit?usp=sharing
>
> I was planning on working on this, but I'm going to take a day or two to
> let others comment.

Just swapping to my mentoring hat for a moment...

If you are going to use non-ASF resources for project materials, you
should make it clear under what terms those materials are offered.

When we all discuss code and ideas on the ASF's mailing lists, JIRAs,
wiki pages, etc, it is understood that these are contributions under the
ALv2 for inclusion in the project; but if I point you to Pirk related
material on my Google account, personal blog, or corporate website then
it can become ambiguous as to how that material may be used.

That's why I'm a proponent for keeping things on ASF infrastructure
unless there is a big win for doing it elsewhere that justifies making
the terms of that new location explicit.

In this particular case, if you need the ability to simultaneously edit
the document (or some other Google docs feature) then I'd advise adding
an ALv2 footer [1]; otherwise why not just use our wiki? [2]

[1] e.g. Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PIRK

Regards,
Tim