Von: Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Gesendet: Montag, 20. August 2018 20:50:00
An: dev@plc4x.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Refactoring of Drivers

Hi Julian,

well I would definitely not remove the getByte as this is sort of a core
data-type for PLC programming.
Also I think most of the others shouldn't come with much payload. If we have
the largest type behind the scenes, the "asInteger" or "asLong" sort of come
for free.
Not quite sure about the generic getter as it will probably produce
ClassCastExceptions or require quite some reflection or cascades of instanceof
statements.

Regarding the Dates and times ... doing some reading it seems that both Date
and Calendar seem to be pretty flawed and the "new kid on the block" is JSR 310
(Date & Time API)
Found a good German article on this:
https://www.heise.de/developer/artikel/Die-neue-Date-Time-API-in-Java-8-2198399.html?seite=all
I wish I had had a look at this before just now ;-) ... I especially like the
"LocalDate", "LocalTime" and "LocalDateTime" seems with this the natural
differentiation between Date and Time is now possible without hacks.

Chris