Hi,

we had this discussion already before [1].

- at 1) ... -1, we should get rid of the known errors

- at 2) ... if we get something with apache/poi in its name, I would +1 it. I
still don't get it, why we can't have it as a module in our codebase - keeping
everything apart the maven group id.
if we would switch to jaxb, we probably need to have something similar -
although the last result was, that a jaxb fork should be imported, i.e. not
provided by the project itself. [2]
How about opening a github contrib project?

- at 3) ... -1, a xml/model/writer replacement would take too long

Andi

[1]
http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/DISCUSS-Getting-a-fixed-version-of-XMLBeans-td5729378.html

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-264