From: Javen O'Neal [mailto:one...@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2018 9:24 PM
To: POI Developers List <dev@poi.apache.org>
Subject: Re: publishing poi xmlbeans jars

+1 sending it back to Incubator or subproject of Commons.

+0.9 as a subproject of POI.

Would prefer Xmlbeans to have its own PMC to make it easier for other Apache
devs to make changes, but given how stable/mature it is, the support volume
should be low.

If/when POI does replace XMLBeans for a more memory efficient/faster XML
library, it'd be awkward for our PMC to manage a product we don't use. We can
move it out to incubator, attic, or put it up for adoption when that time comes.

As long as the board doesn't have reservations about us subprojecting XMLBeans
and then making another change in a couple years, I'm fine with taking XMLBeans
as a subproject of POI.