Although I think that in the long-term we should go away from maintaining
another apache project,
I don't have a better plan for the mid-term ... so +1.

I also think, that the svn + history approach is better than keeping it under
POI root.
Even if we don't bring XmlBeans uptodate with annotations and other bling stuff,
the community can benefit from various existing and upcoming bugfixes.