BCC: private@

The bulk of this discussion should proceed with good intent on dev@ with a
separate thread on private@ only if needed.

I have prepared a set of links to documentation about the Apache Way that is
worth reviewing:

https://petri.apache.org/way <https://petri.apache.org/way>

Hierarchy in an Apache project should be as flat as possible.

On dev@ an open discussion about the Apache Pulsar Community should be proceed
about:

(1) Communications
- How do the members of the community let the community know what they have
been doing?
- How should that be done to show vendor neutrality?

The standard answer is to mention progress on dev@. Other solutions are
possible and anyone who is interested should be able to contribute and earn
merit in the community. If community volunteers produce a Newsletter that
should not bother the PMC.

(2) Meetups - There are a number of questions here and I am likely to miss a
few.
- There has been a semi-official Meetup organized by Sree Vadi since Incubation.
- Others wish to his Meetups.
- It can only benefit the whole of the Pulsar Community to communicate all
meetups where the commits can know about it.

While it might appear that everyone is far apart I think that people should
make one or more proposals. Then there can be a discussion without summary veto
from PMC members. Sometimes Consensus is hard.

All The Best,
Dave