Having tried this against master (for about a week ago) I am still getting
the same issue deploying the plugin on a base ranger install (it works ok
in HDP)

The exception trace in the log included as an attachment

My ews/lib directory does include
ranger-plugins-common-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

and is readable by the user ranger is started with

It is also available within ews/webapp/WEB-INF/lib

Currently my implClass is blank

Any ideas?