Thanks for getting started on this.  Good to know that Theme is working
for you.  I think we've used Theme in a few other places already like Flat
in case you want to see it working somewhere else.

AIUI, Vivid is just one look-and-feel you and others will provide based on
a new "sub-DOM" within the UI components like TextInput.  Someone will
provide a Wireframe, others will come up with completely different looks.
So it may be that you will create some other SWC called "HighlyStyleable"
and that's where the newly structured components will go, and Vivid and
VividBlue will be more or less just a set of styles and assets to plug
into those sub-DOMs.

It is fine if this work reduces usage of Express.  I don't believe
everyone uses Bootstrap or MDL for every web page.  I believe there are
people who don't need control over every pixel and are happy using the
browser Checkbox as-is.  They will continue to use Express and Basic.

But also, I hope that this styling work ends up being a SWC full of new
Views and no other beads.  And the components are empty subclasses of some
Basic or Express component.  That would be ideal.  It would mean that all
other kinds of beads in Basic can be re-used in these highly-styled
components and that we've put the right boundary around what a View is.
Speak up if it doesn't look like that will be possible.

Finally, I'm wondering how this work, which I think has the goal of
providing a new default look for Royale, relates to the goal of a "truly
skinnable" component set, where just about every pixel would be described
in SVG.  It feels like the sub-DOM approach is similar to the Bootstrap
and MDL technique of allowing customizations that can be described in CSS
operating on the given sub-DOM, which is great.  But is the only way to
truly allow any look to allow SVG to describe every pixel or can it be
done with these sub-DOMs?

Thoughts?
-Alex

PS: Done for tonight.  Will pick this up in my morning.